Work with Us!
Front of House Staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
The staff provides ticketing and concessions services to patrons on show nights, as well as maintain the theatre’s appearance, front to back, in cleanliness and organization. Staff are responsible for volunteer organization, ticket and concession sales, and inner-theatre communication on show nights.
This position is under the supervision of the Marketing & Operations Director.
Applicants must be over 21 to apply.
- Enthusiastic about improv, comedy, and theatre!
- All-star customer service skills (both in person and telephone)
- Calm demeanor
- Detail oriented
- Tech savvy
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong collaborator and supportive team member
This is a part-time position and requires the ability to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis. Typical shifts are on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings with an average of 10-15 hours per week.
$11/hour + camaraderie and laughs
Submit your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 13, 2017.
Volunteer with Us!
- Are you awesome?
- Do you love improv comedy?
- Want to see improv shows for free?
- Enjoy meeting & helping people?
- Have a super power? (optional)
We are always in search of awesome volunteers to help out on show nights and promote our shows!
Email Rachel, our Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com to find out how you can get involved!
Volunteer Orientation & Training
We offer monthly training sessions for anyone interested in learning how they can get involved with The Upfront. These sessions are aimed to get all of our volunteers honing their rock star abilities and channeling their epic greatness to aid in our patrons having a blast. Sessions are always the first Saturday of each month at 1pm, so come on down!
- Dates: Every 1st Saturday of the Month
- Time: 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Instructor: Upfront Front of House Staff
If you have any questions contact Rachel, our Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org!
In fact – we have a monthly Drop-In Improv Class at noon that same day, so you could make it an afternoon of improv!